Flipper Limited, part of the group of companies owned by Wessex Water
Limited, is committed to protecting and respecting
Our company registered office is at the Operations Centre,
Claverton Down Road, Claverton Down, Bath BA2 7WW and our registered company
number is 10826922.
Flipper Limited as the company responsible for your
personal information is the Data Controller.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under
Why we need you to give us information about yourself
This Privacy Notice lets you know how and why we collect
and use your personal information. This
includes what you tell us about yourself and what we might learn about you from
others. This Privacy Notice explains how we do this and tells you about your
We are a company which provides an automated energy
We explain how we use your information in more detail in
the rest of this Notice which we hope you’ll read carefully.
Legal basis for
our using your information
We will be processing your information for a variety of
different reasons but mainly to:
- fulfil our contractual agreement to provide you with the services you have requested including finding the best tariff by reviewing your previous bills;
- contact you with your agreement about products and services which we think may interest you as you have let us know through your marketing preferences;
- carry out market research or customer satisfaction surveys pursuing our legitimate interests; and
- comply with our legal obligations such as verifying your identity before releasing information to you.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect and use your personal data in the following
- Information you give us. You can give us personal information by filling in forms on our website https://flipper.community
(our site) or by contacting us by phone, email or otherwise. This might be information you give us when you register to use our site, sign up as a customer, pay us (through our site or otherwise), sign-up to or use a service, get involved in discussion boards and other social media areas of our site or enter a competition, promotion or survey. We also have accounts on sites like Facebook and Twitter that you could use to give us personal information and through other on-line channels that become available to us. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, date of birth, financial and payment card information, personal opinions, utility supply data and/or supplier login details. If you are applying for a job with us then we’ll ask you to give us your personal details so we can use them in the recruitment process. Please see further in our section ‘If you are applying for a job with us’.
- Information we collect about you. As well as you giving us information, we may gather it when we are providing a service to you. This might be supply details, supply status, meter reading and consumption information we collect or you give us so we can find the best deal and ensure a seamless switch to your new supplier.
- Information we collect about you when you use our website. Whenever you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with a number of people or organisations we trust (including business partners, companies we use to provide technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when
you browse our website and also lets us to improve our site. For detailed
information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see
our cookie notice.
How do we use your personal information?
We’ll use your personal information in the following ways:
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints we receive from you;
- to provide products and services when you ask us to;
- to manage and administer your account;
- to communicate with you about services provided to you;
- to process payments;
- to make sure our records are correct and up-to-date;
- to analyse trends and profiles;
- to carry out market analysis (on a non-personal basis);
- for audit purposes;
- to carry out customer satisfaction research;
- to improve our products and services;
- to stop someone committing fraud
or to help authorities investigate fraud;
- to comply with something the law says we must do;
- where you have said that we may do so, to recommend products and services that we believe will be of interest to you or contact you about offers or other marketing promotions;
- to contact you (including by SMS texts) about service related issues including sign-up and set-up of your Flipper account, progress of your switch, Flipper subscription fee, other information required to facilitate your switch;
- to help us establish or defend
legal claims; and
- to help third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf.
How do we share your personal information?
We will not share your personal data unless we have a
legitimate interest or lawful reason to so. If we do have to share your information then we’ll keep it to a minimum
to let the person or organisation do what we’ve asked or as the law requires.
We may need to share your information with other organisations as follows:
- We sometimes use agents and
service providers to process personal information on our behalf this may be
hosting emails, web-chat, recording telephone calls and supporting us with our
IT requirements. Where we use other organisations to process your personal
information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place
to safeguard it.
- We will release your personal
information when we’re required to do so for legal purposes or as part of legal
- We may give information we hold
about you to a third-party as part of the process of selling one or more of our
businesses, in which case we may provide your information to a prospective
- We will disclose your personal
data if we’re under a duty share your personal data in order to comply with any
legal obligation, or in order to enforce our contractual rights and other
agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or
others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and
organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share information with
advertisers and advertising networks such as Facebook and Google or other
carefully selected partners that require the data to select and serve relevant
adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about
identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with
aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate
information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to
comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that
- We share information with
analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and
optimisation of our site.
- If we need to investigate or
defend a claim you make against us or we need to bring a potential claim
against you we may share your personal data with your representative(s), our
legal advisors, our insurance company or other professional advisors.
- We may transfer or share your
information with other companies in the Wessex Water Limited group for the
above and other purposes.
Where we store your personal information
All the information you give us is stored on our secure
servers and if you chose to pay us by card then the transactions are encrypted.
If we have given you a password (or you have chosen one) then you need to keep
this password confidential. Please don’t share your password with anyone.
To can get the best value for money in the services we
offer, we may need to transfer your personal information to countries outside
of the European Economic Area. If we need to do this we will make sure that we
take proper steps to make sure your information is safe and only involve
companies which are contractually bound to us to keep to the same standards of
protection the European Union requires.
sending information via email is not completely secure. Although we will do our
best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your
data transmitted to us by email before we receive it so please consider this
risk before sending it. Once we have received your information, we will use
strict procedures and security features to try to prevent someone who doesn’t
have our authority to access it.
How long we need to keep your information
We will need to keep details about your use of our
services for as long as you stay a customer of ours and then for 6 years after
that as we may need to refer to it to sort out any differences or problems that
arise after our relationship ends.
If you are
applying for a job with us
We will normally ask you to send us a CV when applying for
a position with us. The information you give us may include your name, age,
contact details, details of your education, your employment history, emergency
contact details, immigration status, financial information (if we
need to carry out financial background checks),
documentary evidence of your identity and national insurance number. You may
decide to share other information with us if you think it is relevant to your
application. Where appropriate and in accordance with UK laws, we may also
collect information related to your health, diversity information or details of
any criminal convictions which we will need your agreement to use.
If we ask to collect information which we need your
consent to gather and use then we’ll tell you why we need this and ask for your
agreement to use it and tell you about how you can withdraw your agreement but
we’ll let you know more about this if we need to ask you to give us this
Information we collect about you. As well as you giving us
information, we may gather it from other organisations connected with your
previous employment which hold it.
receive from other sources about you and which we may share with them. We
may ask for a reference from a person you have given as a referee. We may obtain
details about you from other third party sources like ‘Linked-In’ and other job-related
websites. We also have accounts on sites like Facebook and Twitter that you
could use to give us personal information and through other on-line channels
that become available to us. We may also receive information about you from
past employers, educational establishments, examining bodies and employment and
recruitment consultants who contact us or we contact.
How we use your
information. We will use your personal data:
- to store your details to contact
you to process applications for roles and positions we advertise as current
- to contact referees for references
- to process, with your agreement,
information about your health or details about criminal convictions if they are
required for the role you have applied for.
How long we
will keep your information as a candidate. If you accept
an offer of employment with us, we will keep your information for as long as
you are employed by us and for six years after that. If your application is
unsuccessful or you do not accept an offer of employment then we will keep only
your application and assessment information. We will keep this for six
months and will then destroy it.
If you are a
referee or contact
How we use your
information if you are a referee or contact. We will use
your personal data:
- to contact you if a candidate has
given us your name as a referee so we can take up a reference; or
- to contact you if we have been
provided with your details by a candidate as a contact in the event of an
accident or emergency affecting them.
You have a series of rights to do with the information we hold about you. These are:
right to be informed –
this Notice is an example of this. We may need to update this Notice if we need
to do something different with your information and so we may change it on our
site. We will also provide you with details about how we use your information
when we collect it from you.
- Your right to rectification - it is important that the
information we are holding is accurate and up to date so if you think any of
your information is incorrect or needs updating then let us know and we will
update it as soon as we can.
right of ‘access’ -
you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold
about you. We may ask for a copy of your passport or driving licence and for a
copy of a document that shows your address so we can give your personal
information out. Please email requests
to email@example.com or contact the Data Protection Officer whose
details appear at the end of this Notice.
We have a calendar month to respond to your request for
information. If we need more information to process your request, we will
contact you to let you know.
- Your right to erasure
– customers who are individuals have the right to request
that their personal information be deleted where there is no longer a
legitimate purpose for it being processed.
- Your right to information about automated decision making - if a human being isn’t involved
in making a decision using your information and it’s done automatically, then
you can ask us about how the decision is made.
right to data portability – you have the right to ask us to
give you a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a
structured, commonly used and machine-readable form.
- Your right to restrict processing – you have the right to ask us to
restrict or suppress our use of your personal data. If we agree that we should
stop processing it, we will still hold it but will not use it.
right to object –
if you don’t want us to use your personal information any more then you can ask
us to stop what we’re doing with it. Please bear in mind though that we need it
to provide services to you and we may need to keep your data for a certain
amount of time as we’ve explained above. You can also ask us not to use your
personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time
by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our Data
Protection Officer whose details are at the end of this Notice. If you ask to
stop using your personal information then we will contact you to confirm the
position as there may be some circumstances where we will have to continue
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from
the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you
follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have
their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or
liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you
submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to our privacy notice
We will update
this Privacy Notice from time to time to keep you informed of any changes to
the ways in which we use your personal data. Any changes we may make to our Privacy
Notice in the future will be posted on our site and notified to you by message
when you use our site or, where appropriate, by email. Please check back
frequently to see any updates or changes to our Privacy Notice.
If you’re not happy and have issues with the way we’ve
dealt with your information or your rights then you can ask the Information
Commissioner’s Office to look into what we’ve done. They can be reached at
ico.org.uk or by phone on 0303 123 1113.
We may monitor and record calls we make and receive in our
contact centre for quality, security and training purposes. We may keep
recordings for up to 5 years in case we need to resolve a dispute or difference
and capturing images
(including car parks) may be monitored by CCTV and your image may be recorded
for security purposes if you visit any of our office. We use signs to confirm
where a CCTV system is used. Images are retained for 28 days and then deleted.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be emailed to email@example.com or please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Wessex Water Operations Centre
Claverton Down Road
Or contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org