Flipper Limited, part of the group of companies owned by Wessex Water Limited, is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
About us and why we need you to give us information about yourself
We want you to understand how and why we will collect and use the information you give us, and the information we get given about you and other people, so you know what we’re doing with it.
As we’re asking for this information, we’re responsible for what happens to it, even when we need to give it to someone else to do things for us. This means we are a ‘data controller’. We have a Data Protection Officer whose job it is to make sure that we treat information the way the law says we should and do as much as we can to look after the information you give us. If you want to get in touch with us please see the details at the end of this Notice.
It may seem obvious, but you have asked us to get the best deals for you in the energy market, and as such, wel have to ask you for enough of your personal information to do this. This is so we can fulfil the contract between us and is why the law lets us use your information to operate as an automated energy switching service. We also ask for your personal information so we can accurately find the best deal and switch your energy supplier on your behalf. Including sorting any problems if they happen. To do this, we need to use your name and contact details and supply data but we may also need to share them with other parts of the Wessex Water Limited group of companies and with people or organisations who we pay to provide parts of the service to you or who we have chosen to assist us.
We explain this more in the rest of the notice, which we hope you’ll read carefully.
Just so you know, we are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration ZA262025.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect and use your personal information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. You can give us personal information by filling in forms on our website https://www.flipper.community (our site) or by contacting us by phone, email or otherwise. This might be information you give us when you register to use our site, sign up as a customer, pay us (through our site or otherwise), sign-up to or use a service, get involved in discussion boards and other social media areas of our site or enter a competition, promotion or survey. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, date of birth, financial and payment card information, supply data and/or supplier login details.
- Information we collect about you. As well as you giving us information, we may gather it when we are providing a service to you. This might be supply details, supply status, meter reading and consumption information we collect or you give us so we can find the best deal and ensure a seamless switch to your new supplier.
- Information we collect about you when you use our website. Whenever you visit our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full uniform resource locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with a number of people or organisations we trust (including business partners, companies we use to provide technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, debt recovery agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How do we use your personal information?
We’ll use your personal information in the following ways:
- to process and respond to requests, enquiries and complaints we receive from you
- to provide products and services when you ask us to
- to manage and administer your account
- to carry out credit checks where appropriate (for more information please see the credit check section below)
- to communicate with you about services provided to you
- to process payments
- to make sure our records are right and up-to-date
- to analyse trends and profiles
- to carry out market analysis (on a non-personal basis)
- for audit purposes
- to carry out customer satisfaction research
- to improve our products and services
- to stop someone committing fraud or help catch them
- to comply with something the law says we must do
- where you have said that we may do so, to recommend products and services that we believe will be of interest to you or contact you about offers or other marketing promotions
- to contact you (including by SMS texts) about service related issues including sign-up and set-up of your Flipper account, progress of your switch, Flipper subscription fee, other information required to facilitate your switch
- to help third parties to carry out any of the purposes above on our behalf.
How do we share your personal information?
We will not share your personal information unless we need to as part of providing services to you or the law lets us do so. If we do have to share your information then we’ll keep it to a minimum to let the person or organisation do what we’ve asked or as the law requires. We may need to share your information with other organisations as follows:
- We sometimes use agents and service providers to process personal information on our behalf this may be hosting emails, web-chat, recording telephone calls and supporting us with our IT requirements. Where we use other organisations to process your personal information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard it.
- We will release your personal information when we’re required to do so for legal purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- We may give information we hold about you to a third-party as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses, in which case we may provide your information to a prospective buyer.
- We pass your information to debt recovery companies for the collection of unpaid charges on our behalf.
- We will disclose your personal information if we’re under a duty to share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our contractual rights and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share information with advertisers and advertising networks or other carefully selected partners that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- We share information with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- We may transfer or share your information with other companies in the Wessex Water Limited group for the above and other purposes.
Where we store your personal information
All the information you give us is stored on our secure servers and if you chose to pay us by card then the transactions are encrypted. If we have given you a password (or you have chosen one) then you need to keep this password confidential. Please don’t share your password with anyone.
To can get the best value for money in the services we offer, we may need to transfer your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area. If we need to do this we will make sure that we take proper steps to make sure your information is safe and only involve companies which we know have signed-up to and apply and keep to the same standards of protection the European Union recommends.
Unfortunately, sending information via the email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site by email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent someone who doesn’t have our authority to access it.
How long we need to keep your information
We will need to keep details about your use of our services for as long as you stay a customer of ours and then for 6 years after that as we may need to refer to it to sort out any differences or problems that arise after our relationship ends.
You have a series of rights to do with the information we hold about you. These are:
- Your right to be informed – this Notice is an example of this. We may need to update this if we need to do something different with your details and so we may change it on our site and if you’ve given us your email address we can use it to let you know about this so you know what’s different.
- Your right of ‘access’ - You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and also have information that we’re holding that’s not right corrected. Before we give out your personal information, we will ask for a copy of your passport or driving licence and for a copy of a document that shows your address so we can give your personal information out. We make a charge of £10 to cover the time it takes us to put the documentation together and send it to you. Please email requests to email@example.com or contact the Data Protection Officer whose details appear at the end of this notice.
- Your right to information about automated decision-making - if someone isn’t involved in making a decision using your information and it’s done automatically, then you can ask us about how the decision is made. We don’t make decisions like this at the moment but if we start then we’ll let you know and tell you about why we’re doing it.
- Your right to object – if you don’t want us to use your personal information any more then you can ask us to stop what we’re doing with it – bear in mind though that we need it to provide services to you – we need to keep your information for a certain amount of time as we’ve explained above. You can also ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our Data Protection Officer whose details are at the end of this notice.
Links to other websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these notices. Please check these notices before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Changes to our privacy notice
We will update this privacy notice from time to time to keep you informed of any changes to the ways in which we use your personal information. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on our site and, where appropriate, notified to you by email. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
If you’re not happy and have issues with the way we’ve dealt with your information or your rights then you can ask the Information Commissioner’s Office to look into what we’ve done. They can be reached at ico.org.uk or by phone on 0303 123 1113.
We may monitor and record calls we make and receive in our contact centre for quality, security and training purposes. We may keep recordings for up to 5 years in case we need to resolve a dispute or difference between us.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be emailed to email@example.com or please write to:
The Data Protection Officer
Wessex Water Operations Centre
Claverton Down Road
Or contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org