Flipper is a switching service that finds your best available energy deal and switches you to it, managing the whole process for you.
We keep you on the best deal by checking the market and your bills every month, and if we find you a better deal with even greater savings, we'll switch you again. We’ll tell you when we’re going to perform our checks and will give you the option to opt out should you wish to remain on your current tariff.
In a few key ways:
• We don’t present you with lists of quotes to understand and compare — we do that for you to find your best available deal.
• We don’t just show you what deals are available — we switch you to them, managing the whole process for you.
• We never rely on estimations to determine your usage, which can result in inaccurate quotes and missed savings.
• We get accurate usage data from your bills to ensure you pay the cheapest price for the energy you use.We don’t take commission from energy suppliers, which means we can switch you to the best deals that you won’t find on price comparison sites.
• We don’t monetise you by sharing/selling your data, or bombarding you with ads.
Meters we support
Flipper can support the following residential credit meter types:
• Standard single rate (profile class 01, also called "general domestic" or "GD")
• Economy 7 (profile class 02, where you have a day rate and a night rate)
If you have a smart meter and are switched to a new supplier, they probably won’t be able to read it remotely. Smart meters will be mandatory and universal from 2020, but until then, suppliers use their own proprietary systems for their smart meters — each company can only read the smart meters it installs. Don't worry if you have one — we can tell you how to take a manual reading so you'll still be able to switch.
Meters/Tariffs we don’t support
• Warm Home Discounts
• Prepayment meters (where you use a token, key or card to pay for your utilities in advance)
• Economy 10 meters (for night storage heaters)
• Economy 20:20 meters or similar
• Related MPANs (2 MPAN 1 meter, 2 MPAN 2 meters)
• 3-rate tariffs
• Non-domestic tariffs
• Unmetered supply
• Green deal
If you use a token, card or key to top up or pay for your electricity in advance, we won't be able to flip you as we won't be able to calculate your annual usage. Depending on whether you asked for the prepayment meter to be installed, you might be able to get your supplier to change it to a credit meter.
Energy tariffs change very quickly, so to avoid delays that can result in missed savings, we ask for payment details up front and switch customers to their best deals when we find them.
Your subscription fee of £25 isn’t charged until we find you a deal that saves you at least £50/year and send you the details of your new tariff.
Unfortunately, we're not able to offer deals for review before switches are instructed, but you'll have 14 days cooling-off period to cancel any switch we instruct — and we'll help you do this.
If you want to cancel a deal within 14-day cooling off period, get in touch with us and we'll give you the details you need and assist with cancellation where we can.
Don't worry: cancelling and re-instructing a switch through us is completely free.
Most switching websites work on a commission basis. If we took commission, energy suppliers might try to pressure us into prioritising their tariffs.
Charging fees means that we don't need to take commission from suppliers, so you can be sure that we'll always switch you to the best deal for you.
You pay a yearly subscription fee of £25, which we charge for the first time only when we find you a deal that satisfies our minimum savings guarantee.
We check the market every month and will switch you again if we find you a deal with further savings, ensuring you're always on the best tariffs for you. Your subscription fee covers all switches we make during the year.
We’ll auto-renew your membership for another 12 months at the end of your membership year. We’ll send you an email reminder a month before your membership is scheduled for renewal, and you can opt out of our service at any time.
The switch process usually takes about 17 - 35 days depending on the supplier. This is made up of:
A 14-day "cooling off period", where you can decide to change your mind, and the remaining days are the switch period - when your supplies are transferred, your new supplier will request meter readings. We’ll let you know when this is required and submit the opening reads for you.
Sometimes things can take a little longer, so don't worry if your switch isn't completed in exactly 5 weeks.
It's worth noting that if you have gas and electricity at your property, your supplies will always be separately switched — usually, it's electricity first, gas second. This means you might be asked to submit meter readings for each on different days, and your supplies might "go live" on different days too.
Join Flipper and never overpay for energy again. We guarantee to save you money or you won't pay a penny.
Still not found what you're looking for? You can find more questions answered in our Help centre.Visit Help Centre
Flipper's mission is to ensure nobody overpays for energy again. We’ve made the tedious and complicated process of energy switching hassle-free for our customers. Flipper serves customers across the UK and has offices in Bristol and London.
* The membership fee of £25 is charged annually.